WCP provides an ideal forum for early career professionals to further their professional knowledge and share their research with global leaders in psychiatry and meet their peers from other countries.
As part of a shared goal to foster learning and development of early career psychiatrists, the WPA is delighted to offer fellowships to eligible professionals which will provide waived registration to the congress.
- The candidate must be a member or trainee affiliate or equivalent of a WPA Member Society
- Be in post graduate training for psychiatry or have completed specialist training less than 5 years ago
- Be fluent in English
- Have a superior educational and professional record
Application Documents Required
- A Letter of recommendation from the head of the department in which you work, or from the president of the member society or from the WPA Section Chair; the letter should also confirm that the applicant is a trainee in psychiatry or a psychiatrist having completed specialist training less than 5 years ago
- A curriculum vitae (Resume)
- A letter of motivation
Valid nominations will be assessed systematically by a panel of peers and senior psychiatrists appointed by the Congress Scientific Committee. No more than 3 fellowships will be awarded to applicants residing in any one country. Half the fellowships will be awarded to female and half to male applicants.
Fellowship awardees will receive:
- Waived registration to the congress
- An accommodation stipend to the value of $360. Stipend will be reimbursed to the awardees after the congress in the form of a bank transfer
- A travel stipend which will be reimbursed after the congress to the value of:
-International – up to $850
-Asia – up to $500
-Local (Thai) – up to $110